April 22, 2021 at 2:28 pmChris KopetskiAnsys EmployeeIn TWLM these effects are included through various recombination rates in the laser rate equations. We do have another solver called CHARGE, which is a 2D/3D finite element drift diffusion solver with standard mobility and tunneling models. While CHARGE does not model laser emission physically, it does have a stimulated recombination model and the parameters of this model can be populated from the TWLM simulation. Find more details about the model in section Stimulated recombination here: nThe user can plot IV curves, 2D/3D current density, electric field, and others. Here's an example of using CHARGE for LIV laser simulation.nnQuestion migrated from the Lumerical Knowledge Exchangen
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Lumerical support has moved to the Ansys Learning Forum (ALF)
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- focusing efficiency
- How to perform optimization over terminal in linux without GUI?