February 15, 2022 at 9:14 amgogogogSubscriber
Some Lumerical examples of pin diodes or vertical photodetector etc, use constant doping to define n-doped and p-doped areas. Some other examples use a diffusion doping boundary . I am not sure when to use every type of doping, for a simple silicon photodetector.
thank you.February 15, 2022 at 6:38 pmKhashayar GhaffariAnsys EmployeeHi The type of doping profile used in your simulation (constant, diffusion, etc.) depends on the design of your device. If you trying to replicate a fabricated/reported device, the doping profile in your simulation should match as closely as possible. Otherwise, if you are using simulation to test the basic operation of a photodiode, starting with constant doping should be fine.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Lumerical support has moved to the Ansys Learning Forum (ALF)
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- focusing efficiency
Top Rated Tags