Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

Which software should I use in my case?

• Easton99
      Subscriber

dear all, i am a mechanical engineering student, studying my last year in the school and preparing my graduation thesis. the topic in such thesis is, "investigating aerodynamic characteristics of unmanned aerial vehicles".in short, i am at least obliged to analyze and show what's difference between 2 UAV's, in example, 2 same aircrafts which one of them has wing tips and other has not. or, similar sized and weighted UAV's, which both of them have different wing profiles.what i want to show as a result of this thesis is, the results of different conditions, e.g. the one with wing tips is 20% efficient than the other or it is able to carry 30% more payload when compared to other etc.my friends suggested that the best software for this kind of task is fluent. when i checked ansys's official site, i saw that ansys offers a free package for students called AIM a professor suggested me to use abaqusi know there are many cfd solutions available in the market. i have around 2 months to learn the software and complete my thesis. which software do you recommend me to use?thanks in advance and my best regards,

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      I'd suggest Fluent, it's available here https://www.ansys.com/academic/students/ansys-student The solver won't tell you whether a design can carry more, but will give lift forces etc for you to decide if it can: well you could go for a calculation to do that but it'll be more time consuming so isn't worth it given the time constraints. Clicking on Help in Fluent (and most of the other tools) will take you to documentation and tutorials etc.
      Abaqus isn't ours, and is a Mechanical solver so won't be much use for a CFD simulation. Our equivalent is Mechanical .
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.