July 31, 2018 at 8:19 pmkravkySubscriber
Which one from three free student softwares would You recommend me to download first?
Discovery live student or ansys aim student? What is the difference betwwen those two?
i know the ansys aim student is good to start with and then maybe ansys workbench but i really dont know about discovery live
August 1, 2018 at 3:10 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
The Minimum Hardware Requirements for Discovery Live state this:
ANSYS Discovery Live Student relies on the latest GPU technology to provide it's computation and visual experience. To run the software, you will require:
If you don't have an Nvidia Quadro (or better) card, then you can't run Discovery Live.
August 1, 2018 at 11:00 amkravkySubscriber
I do have minimum harddware requirements for Discovery live, however i wanted to know about the usage compared to ansys aim student... what are the differences between those student free ansys softwares and what is the best for start
August 1, 2018 at 1:50 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
I recommend AIM because you can expand the complexity of your models to include nonlinear effects like frictional contact. In Discovery Live, all parts are automatically bonded together, which may be okay for a quick first look and for rapidly pulling faces around. But a more accurate representation of the physical problem may require adding nonlinear effects.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Limitations to Student License?
- Missing Analysis Systems from toolbox
- Not seeing any items in the ANSYS Workbench toolbox?
- ANSYS License Manager Error
- “An error occurred while starting the solver module.” – Maybe licence problem?
- FLUENT application Failed to start
- Please recommend the configuration of the computer workstation
- No license available at this time
- I am using MacBook Pro with M1chip, how can I install or any other ways to use Ansys ?
- Problem with ANSYS 18.2 SpaceClaim
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.