TAGGED: reynolds-number, turbulence
March 22, 2023 at 4:08 pmMerve AlaSubscriber
I need turbulence model for 600000-700000 Reynolds number.
March 22, 2023 at 5:13 pmRobAnsys Employee
Most of them will work. I suggest reading the documentation to see what's best suited to the application. If you explain what you're modelling it'll help.
March 22, 2023 at 5:52 pmMerve AlaSubscriber
I am working on 2D - airfoil. I want to model at 600000 Reynolds number and unsteady flow. I just want to know, which one gives better results?
March 23, 2023 at 12:31 pmehsan.sadeghiSubscriber
as an starting point spalart-allmaras should work fine. If you are interested in spectral content of turbulence URANS models will not work. Go for SBES, DES or LES which is more expensive than other two models.
March 23, 2023 at 11:48 amRobAnsys Employee
Have a look at the tutorials: for aerofoils it's common to use the SST k-w model, but there are others to consider.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.