November 13, 2020 at 7:59 pmJohn DoyleAnsys EmployeeThe time hardening creep models can sometimes be very challenging to converge because the time component can overwhelm the stress dependence - time marches on but the material algorithm can only adjust the stress to find the correct value of creep strain. For example, if a generalized time hardening is ecr = C1*sigma*t^r, then if t^r is large the material algorithm needs for find a very small value of sigma so that the creep strain is small enough to satisfy the constitutive equation. n The general guidance is that the time hardening formulations work best in constant stress or when the loading in the simulation is close to the experimental loading.n
December 4, 2020 at 3:55 pmGovindan NagappanAnsys EmployeeThank you for sharing this informationn
- The topic ‘Why are time hardening creep models so challenging to converge sometimes?’ is closed to new replies.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to do the frequency response of the nonlinear vibration of a flexible PCB?
- Importing Line and Solid Bodies from SpaceClaim to Mechanical
- how to open SendCommand in Ansys
- problems facing during solution
- Still facing the same issue
- Failed to move file from solver directory to scratch directory: file.rst
- Adaptive Sizing
- Stiffness factor
- Import DAT file
- Import pressure data (coordinates and value) to ansys workbench through excel
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.