Fluids

Fluids

Why can’t i found DPM variables in ANSYS post processing ?

• Maurok13
      Subscriber

i have exported some DPM variables of a an injection, in post processing i've exported those files and i can see in the "variables", i want to make some plots of the velocity particles, possitions, etc, but those variables don't appear in the selecction .

• Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello When you wrote your CFD Post (CDAT) files, did you select these DPM variables? If not, could you please try this?
      In Fluent: File -> Export -> Solution Data (please see the screenshot)

Karthik

• Maurok13
      Subscriber
      Hi thanks for the reply and the time, when you mentioned "these DPM variables" according to the screenshot all quantities are for the flow field (at least i thought that).
      i show you my screen
      Afther that i obtained the same results and the DPM varibales not appear in the box

• Surya Deb
      Ansys Employee
      Hello,
      Use the Particle Tracks that you have imported to CFD Post from Fluent.
      For more details, check this link [https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v192/cfd_post/i1302261.html]
      Also, you can turn on "Mean Values" from DPM panel in Fluent to export/visualize the DPM parameters in an Eulerian Framework.
      Regards SD
    • Maurok13
      Subscriber
      Hi again ! i can't open that link, i found that the particles can be select only in their respectiv place at "User Locations and Plots"
      here you can select whatever variable previously exported at Fluent, actually i want to make some plots for exaple (velocity of particule vs radial distance for an specific height) (the model is a typical jet impingement)
      like this

Anyone can give a recomendation to get a plot like that above.
      Another question how is possible to evaluate in particles trajectories de angle of impact ? i see that this variable is not avaliable in the dpm variables.
      thanks so much this is my project thesis :(

Regards
      Maurok13
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Wherever you are in Fluent Hit F1 and then open that Help link. For that kind of plots (Particle position vs distance) along the particle trajectory. You can do that in Fluent.
    • Maurok13
      Subscriber
      Hallo i appreciate your contributuion, bassically i want to make some plots for example "Particle angle of impact (also how can i get this value) vs radial distance (at wall) i understand that the DPM variables are in a Langrangian frame, so how is possible to do that, in Fluent, with X-Y plots only the variables for the domain (eulerian frame) are available

need i a UDF ? thanks a lot
    • Maurok13
      Subscriber
      hi again sorry ! i had not noticed that the x-y plot is also available on the dpm track window, so i plot only one trajectory but the doubt here, is possible to change the leght path? or how can add some different distance to make the plot in y direcction

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      What are you wanting to plot? The angle of impact is available as a UDF macro, you could then put that into a UDM and display contours of that.
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      X Axis Function under DPM Panel will only have either Time or Path nothing else.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.