December 23, 2018 at 7:43 pmZaber5Subscriber
I created a simple wing geometry in solidworks by extruding an imported curve and created an enclosure in designmodeler for my fluid domain. When meshing I can put body sizing as usual on the domain but I cant select the geometry inside the domain. I tried suppressing the flow domain, it doesn't let me select the wing geometry and I end up with a ? for that bodymeshing. What am I doing wrong?
December 23, 2018 at 9:53 pm
December 23, 2018 at 9:59 pmZaber5Subscriber
The wing is a surface. So apparently the issue arises when I select the wing as the body of influence for the flow domain. If instead I use a sphere of influence the problem doesn't persist.
December 23, 2018 at 10:09 pmraul.raghavSubscriber
That makes sense. Body of influence requires two bodies (like a target body and a source body), which you don't have in your case. Sphere of influence can be useful by creating a new coordinate system acting as the center of a sphere and you define a sphere radius, within which you can locally refine the mesh.
December 23, 2018 at 10:15 pm
December 23, 2018 at 10:31 pmraul.raghavSubscriber
The face looks like its been selected. Check the following tutorial for reference:
December 24, 2018 at 3:45 amKeyur KanadeAnsys Employee
if that face is not the part of the body you selected under 'geometry' then that face will not be selected under 'boundary'.
please make sure that you have extracted the fluid region correctly.
please do sharetopology operation in DM.
if this helps you, please mark this post as 'is solution' to help others on forum.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- ANSYS Workbench Measuring within Design
- Conformal vs Non-Conformal Mesh
- Error in meshing
- Meshing Error
- The mesh file exporter could not resolve cyclic dependencies in overlapping contact regions error
- Ansys 19.0 – will not create mesh
- Dealing with inflation layers around sharp corners in Ansys workbench meshing
- How to resolve Mesh Failure
- Can I view which mesh files (the names of them) are loaded into Fluent?
- how to improve the inflation quality at sharp corners?