Fluids

Fluids

Why did my Fluent decide not to work anymore?

• mengineerm
      Subscriber

Hello everyone,

I´m working with Fluent for some time now, and everything went fine, but now from one day to another, after restarting my PC the Fluent Application refuses to Start. I already uninstalled an then installed again the whole ANSYS 2020 R2, but that showed no effect. I also tried to run the Fluent application as a new project, but that also failed.

I also tried to update Wondows, but that also didn,t help.

Here are some screenshots of what happens when i try to start my Fluent Project. Since it´s in german, the error message says nothing more than: The Fluent application failed to start.

Does anyone have an Idea how i can fix the problem?

Thanks

Regards

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      The second image shows the software has started. How many parallel cores are you trying to use? n
    • mengineerm
      Subscriber
      I tried with one, five and twelve (twelve is my standard setting, since i have a six core - twelve thread processor). The twelve core setting always worked fine.n
    • mengineerm
      Subscriber
      And yes the software definitively starts, but i get the error message and the application will not fully load. I cant click anything an the blue loading symbol just stays. I already tried to let it load for some time, but it seems that it would load forever.n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      The maximum number of cores is set by the licence, not just the hardware. Which version of the code are you using (Student etc and release ID)? Please post the Fluent Launcher panel on here too. n
    • mengineerm
      Subscriber
      I´m using an academic license. As i said, the twelve core setting always worked fine for me and on another Pc that i used, the 16 core setting also worked without any problems. nThe problem with Fluent occured from one day to another, the day before i simulated just fine with the same pc and the 12-core setting. But now Fluent doesn´t work also if i try to start it with just one core set. So i don´t think it´s an issue with the amount of cores i want to use.nI also tried starting it with the msmpi and 127.0.0.1 IP setting, but i got the same result.nn
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.