March 4, 2022 at 10:01 amkmd14Subscriber
Scenario: My simulation comprises 4 bodies. This can be imagined as 4 cylinders encasing each other (please note the geometry is more complex than a cylinder, they are asymmetric. The centre-most body is bonded to body2, body 2 is bonded to body 3, then body 3 and body 4 are considered frictional (with CoF ~0.5). A load is applied to the top face of body 1, and the bottom face of body 4 is fixed.
Some of my simulations have run fine displaying pressure/ frictional stress (all the simulations I am running are very similar, they just have slight geometric alterations i.e., cylinder size of body 3 may vary slightly, or angle of bodies 1-3 inside body 4 may differ). But the contacts/setup are very similar, and majority run but some of my recent ones appear to have '0 pressure'. I can also confirm that my simulations have converged, so I'm running out of options on new things to try. I specifically need pressure as opposed to just using SX, SY and SZ (or normal stresses) as my surfaces are curved / asymmetric.
- Why is this happening?
- How can I overcome this issue? I've tried playing with the settings, although this wasn't necessary before so I don't know why it would be now (i.e. I have tried flipping the contact/target directions, tried updating stiffness from programme controlled to 'each iteration', played with mesh contact size)
Any advice on how I can fix this would be much appreciated. I can see any other result on the named surface, just not pressure, which is the main thing I'm interested in.
Thanks in advance!March 4, 2022 at 4:13 pmMarch 7, 2022 at 8:25 amViewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.