April 23, 2021 at 7:56 pmChris KopetskiAnsys EmployeeIt is very important to understand that you can obtain the CW (single frequency, steady-state) response of the system, even though the source signal was a short, broadband pulse.nFDTD always excites the system with a short pulse, even when you are interested in steady state, continuous wave (CW) results. The steady state response is obtained by doing a fourier transform of the time domain fields. This approach is more efficient than directly using a CW source in the time domain simulation. Details can be found at Understanding frequency domain CW normalizationnSource setupnUse the Frequency/Wavelength tab to set the frequency range of interest. If you're only interested in results at one frequency, just set the start and stop values to the same number. nnMonitor setupnIf you want steady state CW results, (at one frequency or many frequencies) use a frequency monitor. These monitors calcualte the steady state response of the system via a fourier transform of the time domain fields. Typically you just need to specify the number of frequency points to collect. If the source start & stop frequency are the same number, then the monitor will automatically collect data at just that one frequency.nnn
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Lumerical support has moved to the Ansys Learning Forum (ALF)
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- focusing efficiency
- How to perform optimization over terminal in linux without GUI?