General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Why does my FE model sometimes display 0 pressure on the surface of a body?

• kmd14
      Subscriber

I have been running a number of simulations involving 4 bodies (assume 3 parts are bonded, 1 interface assumes friction).

Sometimes I have noticed the solver fails to display pressure across a body (even though there is 100% pressure present). This sometimes happens, so I was just wondering what is causing this?

By the way, it does show me frictional stress and SX, SY, SZ, and all other solution components (just not pressure, displaying a blue bar marked 0). Note that the vice versa has occured in the past, but I can overcome issues with friction displayed using the normal stress component.

I originally thought it was related to which section I assigned as 'contact' and 'target' - however, this error has just reoccurred, and I was using the same settings as before, so I don't know what has caused the zero pressure display now.

• TomPhemmy
      Subscriber
      Are there CONTA175 elements in your model?
    • kmd14
      Subscriber
      Yes I believe so - I have 4 bodies, and I want to look at the surface pressures on one of the bodies. They do make full contact and I've assumed the surface in question to be bonded with another surface
    • kmd14
      Subscriber
      Hi again - just to clarify, the surface-surface contact has only been applied to body faces (not nodes/edges)
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.