March 1, 2022 at 9:12 amkmd14Subscriber
I have been running a number of simulations involving 4 bodies (assume 3 parts are bonded, 1 interface assumes friction).
Sometimes I have noticed the solver fails to display pressure across a body (even though there is 100% pressure present). This sometimes happens, so I was just wondering what is causing this?
By the way, it does show me frictional stress and SX, SY, SZ, and all other solution components (just not pressure, displaying a blue bar marked 0). Note that the vice versa has occured in the past, but I can overcome issues with friction displayed using the normal stress component.
I originally thought it was related to which section I assigned as 'contact' and 'target' - however, this error has just reoccurred, and I was using the same settings as before, so I don't know what has caused the zero pressure display now.March 1, 2022 at 9:10 pmTomPhemmySubscriberAre there CONTA175 elements in your model?
March 1, 2022 at 9:18 pmkmd14SubscriberYes I believe so - I have 4 bodies, and I want to look at the surface pressures on one of the bodies. They do make full contact and I've assumed the surface in question to be bonded with another surface
March 2, 2022 at 8:56 amkmd14SubscriberHi again - just to clarify, the surface-surface contact has only been applied to body faces (not nodes/edges)
Viewing 3 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.