March 24, 2022 at 12:50 amthaipham0815Subscriber
I am very new to Ansys fluent. I am trying to create a flow through a pipe into a box and back into another pipe. I understand that the velocity of the box flow should be a lot less than the velocity of the pipe flow, but it seems like the flow in the box is equal to zero. I would like to know what issues or steps that I have missed to result in this.March 24, 2022 at 8:03 amaitor.amatriainSubscriberYou have backflow at the outlet. What are your boundary and operating conditions?
March 24, 2022 at 10:08 amDrAmineAnsys EmployeeWhat do you expect: a massive mixing the box? Generally the flow tries to minimize its losses and search the path with less resistance.
Probably you have some backflow but again you need to add some information as mentioned. Also share with us the convergence behavior by residual of the case.
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Heat transfer coefficient
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Exporting Data Results
- error in cfd post
Top Rated Tags