General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Why does the static part of the solution ignors damage when adding creep behavior to R.c material?

• Alielawady1
      Subscriber
      The static results becomes linear ignoring damage in concrete how ever the model without creep step gives verified resultsn
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      Please reply with a far more detailed description of your model, the loads, supports, materials and results. What you expected and what you got.n
    • Alielawady1
      Subscriber
      The model is reinforced concrete beam.nThe material model for concretenET,MATID,186nfc=40nE=0.23437500*fc/0.00025/1.44nft=fc/12nv=0.18nMP,EX,MATID,EnMP,NUXY,MATID,vnk=fc/ftnk0=(k-1)/(2*k*(1-2*v))nk1=k0nk2=3/k/(1+v)/(1+v)nTB,MPLANE,MATID,,6ntbdata,1,k0,k1,k2,5.333e-05,0.5,96nnThe user creep for concretentb,creep,matid,matid,1,100ntbdata,1,14ntbdata,2,150ntbdata,3,100ntbdata,4,0.75ntb,state,1,1,1nThe material model for steelnET,MATID,LINK180nR,MATID,78.54,,0nthe loads is as shown nThe resultsnWhen I solve as static without adding the creep behavior to concrete the results seems validated with experimental. However, when adding creep behavior to the same modelnThe results seems linear ignoring the damage effect of concrete.nNotice that in the creep model I divided the solution to two steps one static with creep controls off and one with creep controls on,nThe creep results(the change in deflection over time is the same as the change in deflection from experimental)n I expect to get the static results from the creep model the same as those from model without creep.n
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.