August 27, 2022 at 5:33 pmthaipham0815Subscriber
I am told that this should converge, but not told how to fix it nor can I find a solution online.
Here is the setup that I used in Ansys.
Solver: Transient, Pressure Based
Number of Time Steps: 6000
Time Step Size: 0.1
Max Iterations/Time Steps: 20
Fluid material: Water-Liquid
Mesh cell size: 0.001m
Inlet velocity = 0.0115 m/s
Wall = No Slip
Outlet Gauge Pressure = 0 Pa
Thanks for the help guys!
August 29, 2022 at 1:03 pmNikhil NaraleAnsys Employee
Can you extend the run for some more iterations? Also, can you post a snap of the residual plot here?
If it didn't work out, try reducing the time step size. Any specific reason for solving it with transient consideration?
August 30, 2022 at 4:05 pmRobAnsys Employee
Is this 2d?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Heat transfer coefficient
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Floating point exception
- Exporting Data Results