March 29, 2022 at 3:37 pmixg90Subscriber
I'm simulating a metal-mesh optical lowpass filter. I've drawn one unit cell of the filter (seen below). I've assigned primary/secondary boundaries to the sides of the airbox, and floquet ports to the top/bottom. I'm running an interpolating frequency sweep from 10 GHz to 1 THz.
As you can see from the S-parameter plot, the filter behaves as expected at frequencies below about 600 GHz, but contains significant ripple above this frequency. Are my simulation settings causing this?April 1, 2022 at 12:32 pmPraneethAnsys Employee
It looks like there is some issue in the setup.
Did you verify that the solution is converged?
Please let us know which type of frequency sweep you are using. If it is interpolating then did you verify it is converged or not?
All the very best Praneeth.
April 5, 2022 at 5:32 pmixg90SubscriberHello,
Thanks for your reply. I ran an interpolating frequency sweep. The solution has converged.
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.