General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Why don’t I have an option to get moments at the joint probes?

Tagged: 

• Rameez_ul_Haq
      Subscriber

So I have a fixed joint between a line body vertex and an edge of a surface body. If I apply torsion to the other end of the line body, that would be transferred to that vertex of the line body which has a joint with the surface body. I don't know the value of total torsion that I have applied on the other end of the line body, so I wanted to know how much moment is getting transferred through that joint which I have made. But unfortunately, I couldn't find an option to retrieve results of moment transfer in a fixed joint. When I try to use the joint probe in solution tree, only the forces are available there. Can anyone help me in finding it?

And also, I am not able to retrieve the results from the joint probes in the global co-ordinate system. The Oreintation Method under solution tree is locked with 'Joint Reference System'. How can I change the oreintation method to a co-ordinate system of my own choice?

• 1shan
      Ansys Employee

Have a look at the image below. Also if its a fixed joint you can simply align the joint reference system with the global coordinate system. Click the '+" besides the fixed joint and the joint reference system details show up.
      Regards Ishan.

• Rameez_ul_Haq
      Subscriber
      thank you for your answer. But the problem is I have already conducted the analysis using the joint default reference system. And I was hoping I can get the joint probe results under a different co-ordinate system. As you can also observe in the picture you have shared, the Oreintation Method option is locked with the Joint Reference System. If I try to change the co-ordinate system of the fixed joint after conducting the analysis and try evaluating the results, I don't think I can retrieve the results unless the conduct the analysis again.
    • Rameez_ul_Haq
      Subscriber
      ,would you like to please comment on this?
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.