Fluids

Fluids

why I cannot patch an initial pressure for the fluid pressure

• Shaimaa
      Subscriber

Hello,

Can I found an answer for my problem.

I import two parts inside the fluid module, the first one has an outlet and inlet and contain air(named as tool) .the next one is a fluid cavity(named as fluid cavity) ,I want to patch an initial value pressure of 2000pa for the fluid cavity. when i patch for the fluid cavity the fluid pressure not changes although when I patch value for the air zone the value of pressure changed.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Is it incompressible and steady?n
    • Shaimaa
      Subscriber
      Yesnn
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Can you check the settings in both cell zones & post these here?n
    • Shaimaa
      Subscriber
      Hello ,nThanks a lot for your replayn Are This what you ask about.nnn
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      That is per design: for incompressible flow ANSYS Fluent subtracts the reference pressure from initialized pressure field, unless you have an opening.nnDo you have an opening first?n
    • Shaimaa
      Subscriber
      Thank a lot for your answer,DrAmine I have an inlet and outlet for the tool.nn
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      So you have 2 domains one filled with air the other with water. The one for water is closed and it is incompressible. Can you just turn on unsteady solver and patch again? n
    • Shaimaa
      Subscriber
      Thanks a lot for your support.Dr Amine,nYes , I have 2 domains one filled with air the other with water. The one for water is closed and it is in compressible.nI turn on the unsteady solver , but the main problem still found I can patch  pressure value for tool not for the fluid cavity. the pressure value for the fluid still zero although I changed its value.nIs there another condition should I set to start the fluid cavity with 2000pa.nn
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Please volume average of absolute pressure in the cavity and stop reporting Total Pressure. What does that value tell?n
    • Shaimaa
      Subscriber
      Thanks a lot for your support.Dr Amine,nThis are the options to show the pressure .how can report average of absolute pressure in the cavity???.n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      If you have two domains that are separated by a wall, where's the wall-shadow? If they're non-conformal where's the interface bc? Please put a plane or iso-surface of mesh z-coordinate across the domain plotting pressure and also showing the mesh. n
    • Shaimaa
      Subscriber
      Hello,nActually ,between the the two fluids there are a structural separated the two fluids .nThis structure is suppressed in the fluid module.n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      What purpose is the water region in the CFD model then? n
    • Shaimaa
      Subscriber
      Actually ,just from one hour I knew that this fluid cavity has an inlet and outlet . So I will modify my modelnThanks a lot for you supportn
Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.