3D Design

3D Design

Why i got new body using PULL in SpaceClaim?

• Gordievsky87
      Subscriber

Hello everyone.

I am wondering why i get new body after filling the gap by Pull operation?

Before that it became one body but something happend and now it becomes new body. I dont realize what has happend.

Could someone tell me what to do to get one body after pull operation?

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      If you right click on Component 1 and Activate Component, do you get a different result?n
    • Gordievsky87
      Subscriber
      No i have same result. nAttached file. nn
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      Hide or delete the second solid.nSelect the two faces.nnPress the Delete key.nn
    • Gordievsky87
      Subscriber
      I dont know why, but i get the gap back.nn
    • Govindan Nagappan
      Ansys Employee
      If there are geometry errors, resulting body may not be merged after the pull operation. Right click on the body and select check geometry. See if there are errors. You can click on the error message to see the problem location. You will have to fix the errors and then do the pull. You can fix errors by recreating the faces/edges that cause the errornnIf there are no errors, after doing the pull operation, use Combine -> Merge to create single bodynn
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      nYou only did step 1. ===> Delete the second solid.nNow do steps 2 and 3. nStep 2. Pick just the two faces on the remaining solid. That is the face on the left and the face at the bottom of the slot. Do not pick the large face on the right.nStep 3. Hit the delete keyn
    • Gordievsky87
      Subscriber
      Thank you very much. Check geometry helped.n
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.