TAGGED: 2D, glitch, species-diffusion
May 25, 2022 at 6:42 pmzdfrankmanSubscriberI am modeling diffusion of dissolved oxygen and liquid water across a thin membrane between two channels experiencing parallel flow.
Each wall has zero diffusive flux, but water is appearing within the channel and oxygen is disappearing. I have run the simulation for 1000 iterations, and it appears as though this is not an aberration of low iteration number.
What could be a cause of this non-physical appearance of a species in the channel? There are no other species other than oxygen and liquid water, and reactions are turned off.
May 27, 2022 at 7:42 pmRKAnsys EmployeeHello,
May I know which version of Ansys Fluent you are using? Can you also please insert an image of the 2D model with labels describing the boundaries? Thanks!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.