Fluids

Fluids

Why is Setup not updating even if I set it?

• pcmacapagal
      Subscriber

May I request assistance with why Setup isn't responding to an update even if I already programmed it?

The rest of my analysis is affected by this. Thanks in advance.

• Nikhil Narale
      Ansys Employee

Hello, 

Which product are you using. We may need more details to understand your issue. Can you also share screenshots?

• pcmacapagal
        Subscriber

Good day, Nikhil,

I am using Ansys 2022 R2 Student. After I was able to simulate my geometry in the Solution cell, this is what it looks like in Workbench. I am simulating a sedimentation tank in Transient time. I tried simulating the same geometry in Steady time, and it worked smoothly.

May I know what I am doing wrong with this (my thesis)?

• Nikhil Narale
      Ansys Employee

From the screenshots, it looks like you haven't solved the case yet. Why is the number of time steps set to 0? 

• pcmacapagal
        Subscriber

I just based the setup on the Steady simulation I've done. With that one, it went well. But when I try to switch from Steady to Transient, I keep getting this Workbench result (1st screenshot) that the Setup isn't updating, as well as Solution.

• Nikhil Narale
          Ansys Employee

That's okay. But when switching to transient, you also have to set the simulation parameters (number of time steps, time step size, ...) correctly. What I can see is you have set number of time steps = 0, which is not letting you run the case. 

To know more in detail, refer to this section of the Fluent's User guide: 32.13. Performing Time-Dependent Calculations (ansys.com)

If you are not able to access the link, refer to this forum discussion: Using Help with links (ansys.com)

• pcmacapagal
      Subscriber

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.