General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Why is the force-displacement curve linear?

• to2020
      Subscriber

Hi,

I have applied 36kN load to the top of the rebar (because the ultimate strength of the bar is about 646MPa and I want to measure the slip when it reaches it) and the slip is measured on the opposite end.

• Kai
      Ansys Employee
      Hi, first of all, I would like to point out that your simulation results are questionable with large deflection off because geometry nonlinearity is probably important in your model. Secondly, can you plot equivalent stress and plastic strain, just to confirm yielding has occurred?n
    • to2020
      Subscriber
      nThanks for getting back to me. nWhen I turn on large deflection, I get the following error: nSo, I have created a named selection and the element is located here: nI currently have a mesh size of 3mm for the rebar and concrete as if I reduce the mesh size, it won't work with the academic license for ansys. nAs per your request, I have plotted the stress-strain curve using the results I previously got: nHope to hear back from you soon. nThanks! n
    • to2020
      Subscriber
      nI was wondering if you have any updates to my above query^. nOr if anyone else know what needs to be done, it would be greatly appreciated. nKind Regards,nTonyn
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.