Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

Why isn’t ANSYS mechanical working? I keep getting a grey screen when opening from workbench.

• SoftEngCHD
      Subscriber

I am opening a project by double-clicking on it and opening workbench. From there, I double click the solution option to open mechanical and start running simulations. Below is my workflow and some helpful information about my system.

• ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      Please run this command from an elevated CMD prompt (right click on CMD Prompt and ÔÇÿrun as administrator').
      regsvr32.exe jscript.dll
      Once this is done, reset the ANSYS configurations by renaming the %appdata%\ansys\v###
    • SoftEngCHD
      Subscriber
      Okay thank you i will try it
      Edit: I tried that but it did not work, it is still a grey screen. Also, these are the contents of that folder.

• SoftEngCHD
      Subscriber
      Any other solutions? Also, I am wondering if a fried/old GPU could be the issue. I have to admit that I do use this GPU for high res gaming, and considering that it I bought it 2 years ago, could the card just not be performant enough anymore?
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      That could certainly be an issue and you may want to try an updated graphics device for Workstations rather than a gaming device.
      https://www.ansys.com/content/dam/it-solutions/platform-support/graphical-display-graphics-cards-tested-2022-r1.pdf
    • Mangesh Bhide
      Ansys Employee
      Can you please double check if under Environment variables System Variables the "Path" variable has these three entries listed before all else ?
      %SYSTEMROOT%\system32
      %SYSTEMROOT%
      %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\Wbem

it appears that the entry in bold is either not present or not 2nd in order in the path
    • SoftEngCHD
      Subscriber
      Like this? I just added them now, but it is still not working so I am wondering if I did it correctly.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.