Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

Why my ANSYS-CFX 19.2-R2 student version shows me a black graphic window?

• Royaa
      Subscriber

Hello everybody,

I recently downloaded and installed the ANSYS 19.2 but when I open the CFX, the graphic window is all black and no settings can change it. Unfortunately, all I could find in the student community was a solution for the FLUENT graphic window. 

My system is a Core i7 Laptop, somehow old and its configurations are:

INTEL (R), CORE(TM) i7, CPU M 640 @ 2.80 GHz, RAM 6.0 GB, AMD Mobility RADEON HD 5000 Series, 

Anyone can help me how can I fix this problem? Can I fix this problem at all?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Did you install R19.2 or 2019R2?  Also, please post images in line with the text as staff are not permitted to open/download attachments. 

• Royaa
      Subscriber

I downloaded the Last version of ANSYS STUDENT 2019 R2 two weeks ago. And when I open the CFX the graphic window is all black and doesn't show anything. Like the picture below and remains like this even after opening the geometry:

I have worked with ANSYS licensed version previously and I know that it shouldn't be like this. But I don't know how I can solve this problem?

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Go to AMD website and try download and install the latest graphics driver for your graphics card.

If issue persists, try renaming the folder 

C:Users.cfx  to anything else

• Royaa
      Subscriber

I updated my Graphic Card and it Worked. Thank you so much. But if the problem was about my graphic card, why did the graphic window for Fluent worked properly and the problem just happened for CFX?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Different graphics engine in the background: Fluent does (did?) use HOOPS, not sure about CFX. 

• Royaa
      Subscriber

OK.Great.Thanks a lot

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Welcome. Good to hear it works for you.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.