Why some surface to surface bonded MPC contact have an unexpected initial status for my mixed solid/
October 4, 2017 at 12:20 pmpglAnsys EmployeeThe problem is due to overconstrained and equation elimination. A special care is required in the use of MPC for mixed assembly solid/shell/solid...By default users are used to applying contact only on shells and target on solids but unfortunately in the particular case of contact on both sides of the shell (each contact belonging to one pair), ansys will detect overconstrained status and will deactivate one of both contact leading to more or less rigid body motion. To avoid this, either alternate contact and shell on both sides of the shell (if MPC contact must be kept) or in case of contact are defined on both shell sides, use penatly method or augmented lagrange instead.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to deal with the error message about “You have specified result time (or frequency) = xxxx for a
- What is cause of error: display time for result item greater than the step end time?
- Any suggestions on speeding up convergence behavior with surface-to-surface radiation?
- If SCDM issues the message “Cannot open the document. Reason: Failed to load body geometry.” and the
- In a harmonic analysis, is the damping produced by MP,DMPR; TB,SDAMP; and DMPSTR constant vs frequen
- Can I define springs with coincident nodes defining each end? Can I use one spring element to define
- While projecting surfaces/curves onto cylindrical surfaces, the final shape sometimes deteriorates.
- Can you limit the expansion of modes to only those modes with a high participation factors by using
- Why the section plane icon is grayed out in Mechanical windows ? How to make the section plane windo
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.