Why some surface to surface bonded MPC contact have an unexpected initial status for my mixed solid/
October 4, 2017 at 12:20 pmpglAnsys EmployeeThe problem is due to overconstrained and equation elimination. A special care is required in the use of MPC for mixed assembly solid/shell/solid...By default users are used to applying contact only on shells and target on solids but unfortunately in the particular case of contact on both sides of the shell (each contact belonging to one pair), ansys will detect overconstrained status and will deactivate one of both contact leading to more or less rigid body motion. To avoid this, either alternate contact and shell on both sides of the shell (if MPC contact must be kept) or in case of contact are defined on both shell sides, use penatly method or augmented lagrange instead.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- How to deal with the error message about “You have specified result time (or frequency) = xxxx for a
- Any suggestions on speeding up convergence behavior with surface-to-surface radiation?
- What is cause of error: display time for result item greater than the step end time?
- What causes the following Warning message to be issued: “material XXX has a crack softening property
- How can I do a response spectrum analysis using more than 10,000 modes? The current solver limit is
- If SCDM issues the message “Cannot open the document. Reason: Failed to load body geometry.” and the
- Can I define springs with coincident nodes defining each end? Can I use one spring element to define
- How can I get displacements, stresses and plastic strains at the integration points for a shell mode
- In a harmonic analysis, is the damping produced by MP,DMPR; TB,SDAMP; and DMPSTR constant vs frequen