November 13, 2023 at 10:15 amAltair45SubscriberGood day,I'm observing the transmission along one arm consisting of the Waveguides with taper and the SIS Phase shifter.From the geometry view, it is a simple SIS structure based on the Si/SiO2/Si and just plane layers.However, there is some continuous loss in the simulation among the monitors which are positioned at every point in the xy view.Are there any points that I missed in the FDTD simulation?Here are an XY view, the cross section, and transmission data.
November 14, 2023 at 10:01 pmDevikaAnsys Employee
Hello, Thanks for using the forum.
Can you share a bit more deatails:
Source used, type of monitor, length and width of device.
Have you tried material fitting before running simulation?
Thanks and regards
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ganhemt Project mistake can you help me
- How to calculate the cross-polarization efficiency and phase in FDTD
- save data error
- Simulation of a single pillar of a peltier cooler
- EME : field profile and cell periodicity
- Ansys Insight: Single frequency CW source
- What is the meaning of this error ” Bad termination of…” ?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.