Will activating weak springs (i.e., “Weak Springs on”) in my Mechanical model produce inaccurate res
October 4, 2017 at 12:20 pmVishal GanoreAnsys EmployeeProbably not, but you need to verify their effect. Weak springs should not provide structural support. They are only intended to provide numerical stability during the solution. As such, they should not develop significant reaction forces. Their reaction forces should be orders of magnitude less than the other reaction forces in the model. If so, then they aren't significantly affecting the results. However, if they are similar to other reaction forces, then the weak springs are affecting the calculated results and you need to review your model to determine the cause (insufficient boundary conditions, ineffective contact, etc.). To check the effect of the weak springs, insert a "Force Reaction Probe” under the solution output Object in the Outline Tree and specify it to calculate the reaction forces associated with the "Weak Springs" boundary condition. The probe result will be the total reaction force developed in the all of the weak springs. That number can then be compared to the reaction forces at the true boundary conditions.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- Any suggestions on speeding up convergence behavior with surface-to-surface radiation?
- How to deal with the error message about “You have specified result time (or frequency) = xxxx for a
- What causes the following Warning message to be issued: “material XXX has a crack softening property
- How can I do a response spectrum analysis using more than 10,000 modes? The current solver limit is
- Can I define springs with coincident nodes defining each end? Can I use one spring element to define
- What is cause of error: display time for result item greater than the step end time?
- How can I get displacements, stresses and plastic strains at the integration points for a shell mode
- In a harmonic analysis, is the damping produced by MP,DMPR; TB,SDAMP; and DMPSTR constant vs frequen
- Will activating weak springs (i.e., “Weak Springs on”) in my Mechanical model produce inaccurate res