Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

Will ansys run on…

• Ahmed Ali
      Subscriber

Assalamualaikum!
      I hope you all are well and good. I want to know that will ansys 17.0 run on core 2 quad 3ghz,6gb ram with nvidia gtx 550 Ti? If not then suggest me any gtx card from nvidia which is good in performance and economical.What is the minimum graphic requirements for ansys? 

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

The GTX cards have never been on the list of tested graphics cards, they work well for Gamers. However, many people run ANSYS with these cards.

The Quadro cards are the ones ANSYS gets tested with, here is the list for 17.0

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi Ahmed Ali ,

To add to what Peter has mentioned, you can refer to this link

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-Nvidia-Quadro-and-Geforce-How-each-of-them-perform-on-CAD-and-Gaming

for more technical details why Quadro is suitable for CAD/CAE software like ANSYS and Geforce is mostly used for gaming.

Thank you,

Win

• Ahmed Ali
      Subscriber
      Will ansys on run if I use nvidia gtx instead of quadro?
    • Ahmed Ali
      Subscriber

The GTX cards have never been on the list of tested graphics cards, they work well for Gamers. However, many people run ANSYS with these cards.

The Quadro cards are the ones ANSYS gets tested with, here is the list for 17.0

Will ansys on run if I use nvidia gtx 550 Ti instead of quadro?
    • tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi Ahmed Ali ,

It's not tested, so it's hard to say if it'd work, it could go either way. I have seen people who are lucky and people who aren't as lucky.

Thank you,

Win

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Best bet will be to download, install as Admin & see what happens. We (as staff) can only refer you to the supported platforms & hardware list: we know several users who aren't using those cards but have successfully used the software.

• Ahmed Ali
      Subscriber

Best bet will be to download, install as Admin & see what happens. We (as staff) can only refer you to the supported platforms & hardware list: we know several users who aren't using those cards but have successfully used the software.

i want to know which nvidia gtx card should i install on my  pc to run ansys? Nvidia Quadro is expensive,i can't install that. 

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Is the issue that you have not purchased this computer and graphics card yet, so you want to know before you purchase if it will work?

No one can guarantee that it will work. If you want a guarantee, then purchase a Quadro card. You say you can't install that, so you have to take the risk on the GTX card and hope for the best. There is a good chance that ANSYS will run on the GTX card, but there is no guarantee.

• yakubfam
      Subscriber

i ran it under geforce GT 630 and GTX 1070.. ANSYS AIM can run with both cards, but GT 630 runs the animation results a bit choppily and the result from GTX 1070 is much smoother with faster solver time.. Sometimes, with GT 630, there were problems with the animation result of field flow velocity, where they didn't get updated even after clicking the update result button, but i haven't got such problem with GTX 1070..

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.