February 10, 2021 at 10:38 pmYasirSabahSubscriberHi Guys nI am working on PEmag, high frequency transformer simulation, i linked the simulation to maxwell 2D trying to apply voltage to the winding as the excitation is voltage, I am confusing with winding resistance for primary and secondary. Is it the wire winding resistance or load resistance which value i have to apply.could you help me with this ?.Thanks
February 12, 2021 at 10:31 pmicellb1Ansys EmployeeHi,nThe wire or coil resistance will be calculated by maxwell during analysis based on the geometry of coil and the material conductivity. The resistance you assign in winding window with voltage excitation type is the extra resistance like end connection resistance which can not be accounted for with the model shown in maxwell. n
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Process ‘3dtds’ terminated abnormally
- HFSS: reset marker legend dimensions.
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.