March 29, 2023 at 12:52 pmSam RollandSubscriber
The mechanical solver is picked up by Windows Defender as a virus. This happens to existing installations and during the install process for any new installs.
This has been happening since 24 March 2023.
- Detected: Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!ml
- file: C:\Users\**********\Downloads\ANSYS _FILES\ANSYSACADEMICSTUDENT_2023R1_WINX64\solver\WINX64.7z
This needs to be resolved urgently please!
April 5, 2023 at 2:38 pmGeorge KarnosAnsys Employee
I just scanned the download and receiveed no virus notifications.
I also ran an installation and there were no virus notifications and the installation was successful
Running a test project produced no virus notifications either.
What Operationg system versions are on the machines?
What version of Windows Defender is on the machines?
Was there a System update on or around March 24th?
April 5, 2023 at 6:53 pmSam RollandSubscriber
Hi George, thank you. I ran the virus definition update last week and was able to re-install Ansys. I think it is solved.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Limitations to Student License?
- Not seeing any items in the ANSYS Workbench toolbox?
- Missing Analysis Systems from toolbox
- “An error occurred while starting the solver module.” – Maybe licence problem?
- FLUENT application Failed to start
- Please recommend the configuration of the computer workstation
- No license available at this time
- ANSYS License Manager Error
- I am using MacBook Pro with M1chip, how can I install or any other ways to use Ansys ?
- Your product license has numerical problem size limits…..
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.