September 20, 2022 at 7:07 pmSuraj JadhavSubscriber
I am looking to incorporate material for windshield and glass roof to capture crack propagation. Can you please suggest what material card and modelling method will be the closest one.
September 20, 2022 at 7:50 pmReno GenestAnsys Employee
You can have a look at *MAT_280 (*MAT_GLASS). Here is an example:
You will find more information on *MAT_280 in the user manual volume II and here:
Another approach would be to use peri-dynamics:
You will find some example models and presentations here:
You can download the paper by clicking on the number  and the input file by clicking on [in].
You can search for "peridynamics" on dynalook.com for more papers.
Let me know how it goes.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- explicit dynamics
- Explicit dynamics ERRORS
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- getting zero maximum and minimum stress value in explicit analysis
- Which analysis to use for dynamic and quasi-static compression of auxetic structures?
- Running an explicit dynamics simulation on a composite plate
- LS-Dyna not appearing in ANSYS Workbench
- How do get Full values instead of just minimum and maximum ?
- Euler Domain Restricting Simulation
- Explicit dynamic modeling of machining process coupled with thermal