Preprocessing

Preprocessing

Windturbine blade surface modelling built

• UnriseZ
      Subscriber

Hello,

I got a file with windturbine blade shape done by our constructor in student research group. He did it by fusion 360 surface modelling. We want to get MES analysis applying fixed support and radial velocity.. As a fusion file it is one body. When I open it with designmodeller Im getting 66 surfaces without thickness and I have to do it handy. As you can see in the picture mesh is working, but after this there is problem with solution saying that something is wrong with mesh or geometry. I tried to use sew, it worked but gave me unreal values as a solution. I tried spaceclaim as geometry adding program and there blade was a 3D element, but I couldnt mesh it in whatever method. Sometimes there is a problem with missing parts too. To get tick on mesh I have to suppress some bodies but external shape of geometry isnt change. Can you tell me please what I can do to get real values of stresses? Thanks in advance for all the anserws and sorry if I missed right place to put in this subject.

Regards,

UnriseZ

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      As Ansys Staff, we can not download attachments. Please upload images using upload image functionality.
      If you want to mesh a solid body, you will need to create solid body in DM using sew or in SpaceClaim using stitch operation.
      Please check geometry in SpaceClaim.
      Select geometry in structure tree --> Use right click --> Select Check Geometry. (Or Tools - Fault Detection in DM)
      The geometry should be error free to proceed.
      If geometry has any errors, please modify/recreate geometry at those places.
      Regards Keyur
      How to access Ansys Online Help Document
      Guidelines on the Student Community

• UnriseZ
      Subscriber
      Ok I suppressed some trouble making geometry elements which we didnt need and it went with sew options. Thank you very much for help and have a nice day.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.