Fluids

Fluids

Workbech Icem Cfd to CFX

• shazimy
      Subscriber

Hello All,

I am working on generating mech in ICEM cfd and connecting it to CFX in workbench for optimization. The problem is that in CFX I don't have all my parts defined imported, just one "Principal 2D Rejoins" shown under ICM.msh that is all faces. It does not have any issue transferring to Fluent. It is just in CFX. I tried many ways following different tutorials but still not showing.

I would appreciate it if you could support me.

Regards,

Shahab

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

ICEM CFD isn't as straightforward as using ANSYS Meshing. If you do need a full hex mesh then you may need to use it; otherwise I'd suggest switching to ANSYS Meshing. 

Have you connected the ICEM CFD and CFX components in WorkBench? 

• shazimy
      Subscriber
      Hello
      I installed the Ansys version 18.1.
      It works perfectly exporting boundaries. Issue in 19.0 and 19.1.
      However, not successfully be able to update. So working on modifying the script. I think something not working in the resent version. Would you check it and update me.

Regards
      Shahab
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee

Does it work as expected from scratch in R19 when you do a test manually? 

• shazimy
      Subscriber
      Hello Yes, everything is similar If you provide a secure link, I can email the archive to you to see.

Regards,
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee

Feel free to post on here for the community to view; as ANSYS staff I'm unable to answer specific problems. We are able to offer general advice etc as this is a public forum.  

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.