August 1, 2018 at 7:58 pmshazimySubscriber
I am working on generating mech in ICEM cfd and connecting it to CFX in workbench for optimization. The problem is that in CFX I don't have all my parts defined imported, just one "Principal 2D Rejoins" shown under ICM.msh that is all faces. It does not have any issue transferring to Fluent. It is just in CFX. I tried many ways following different tutorials but still not showing.
I would appreciate it if you could support me.
August 2, 2018 at 10:40 amRobAnsys Employee
ICEM CFD isn't as straightforward as using ANSYS Meshing. If you do need a full hex mesh then you may need to use it; otherwise I'd suggest switching to ANSYS Meshing.
Have you connected the ICEM CFD and CFX components in WorkBench?
August 2, 2018 at 4:38 pmshazimySubscriberHello
I installed the Ansys version 18.1.
It works perfectly exporting boundaries. Issue in 19.0 and 19.1.
However, not successfully be able to update. So working on modifying the script. I think something not working in the resent version. Would you check it and update me.
August 3, 2018 at 12:29 pmRobAnsys Employee
Does it work as expected from scratch in R19 when you do a test manually?
August 3, 2018 at 4:02 pmshazimySubscriberHello Yes, everything is similar If you provide a secure link, I can email the archive to you to see.
August 3, 2018 at 4:29 pmRobAnsys Employee
Feel free to post on here for the community to view; as ANSYS staff I'm unable to answer specific problems. We are able to offer general advice etc as this is a public forum.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.