Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Workbench 18.2 not working

• aayushlakkad
      Subscriber

Hello everyone!!

I have installed Ansys AIM 18.2 and I am facing some problems

1) Ansys workbench is not working, It is not showing the modules. I have to work in ansys AIM

2) While going for geometry. Instead of usual modeller, space claim is opening. which is a bit clumsy

please help!!

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

You have to install ANSYS Student 18.2 in order to have Workbench and DesignModeler. However, you can also have AIM installed. AIM is the image on the left, ANSYS Student is the image on the right.

• aayushlakkad
      Subscriber

Okk. also in my ansys AIM student CFD option is not available like polyflow, fluent, CFX.. and others are not available. what shall I do?

2) I am not able to import my CATIA files in ANSYS as it is showing error "CAD translator for this file type was not found".

What shall I do?

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

AIM has a simplified workflow, so the choices may be limited relative to using Workbench.

ANSYS Student 18.2 includes Fluent and CFX, but not Polyflow.

ANSYS Student 18.2 can import STEP and IGES neutral files, and if you open DesignModeler, you can import Parasolid files.

You have to export one of those three types of files from CATIA in order to import the geometry into ANSYS Student.

A commercial license of ANSYS can include the CATIA CAD interface, but the free student license does not.

• craigmoseley
      Subscriber

Regarding using RSM Configuration Manager (RSM), an advanced feature in ansys/18.2, with a GUI on top of RHEL 6.x, we experienced failure with this issue before by contacting Ansys directly. Even after troubleshooting with Ansys, we were unable to get RSM to work consistently. The best solution so far is to create job files locally. Please provide feedback if you have any success. Thank you.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.