November 28, 2017 at 3:34 amaayushlakkadSubscriber
November 28, 2017 at 4:22 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
You have to install ANSYS Student 18.2 in order to have Workbench and DesignModeler. However, you can also have AIM installed. AIM is the image on the left, ANSYS Student is the image on the right.
November 28, 2017 at 6:37 amaayushlakkadSubscriber
Okk. also in my ansys AIM student CFD option is not available like polyflow, fluent, CFX.. and others are not available. what shall I do?
2) I am not able to import my CATIA files in ANSYS as it is showing error "CAD translator for this file type was not found".
What shall I do?
November 28, 2017 at 11:24 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
AIM has a simplified workflow, so the choices may be limited relative to using Workbench.
ANSYS Student 18.2 includes Fluent and CFX, but not Polyflow.
ANSYS Student 18.2 can import STEP and IGES neutral files, and if you open DesignModeler, you can import Parasolid files.
You have to export one of those three types of files from CATIA in order to import the geometry into ANSYS Student.
A commercial license of ANSYS can include the CATIA CAD interface, but the free student license does not.
August 1, 2018 at 9:04 pmcraigmoseleySubscriber
Regarding using RSM Configuration Manager (RSM), an advanced feature in ansys/18.2, with a GUI on top of RHEL 6.x, we experienced failure with this issue before by contacting Ansys directly. Even after troubleshooting with Ansys, we were unable to get RSM to work consistently. The best solution so far is to create job files locally. Please provide feedback if you have any success. Thank you.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- Error with workbench SceneGraphChart
- Workbench error
- Workbench not opening
- How can I renew ANSYS student version license?
- An error occurred when the post processor attempted to load a specific result.
- License Error
- Licensing error while opening ANSYS Mechanical
- Licensing Error
- ConfigureThisMachine Returns Error 1
- Problem with FlexNet Licensing