Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Workbench error when running on HPCC using version 2019 R1

• Goddy
      Subscriber

Hello,

I am trying to run a project on the HPC system at my university. The projects runs on my personal computer but will take over a week so I want results quicker.

But when I try to do it through an interactive session at my schools HPCC, the workbench interface closes after a bunch of "jargon" and the following error message.

"Got a SIGABRT while executing native code. This usually indicates
      a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
      used by your application." 
      I was wondering if anyone could help me here as the staff at my universities HPCC can't seem to figure out whats's going on. I have included a screenshot of the errror message.
      Thanks,
      Godlove 
    • tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi Goddy,

swrast_dri.so and libc.so.6 usually are from issue related to graphics.

Usually, you should do all the setup work on your local machine and just use batch submission command to submit the job on the cluster without using GUI.

But you can try the followings and see if you are in luck

export LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1

export LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/apps/nfs/ansys_inc/v193-201904/v193/Framework/bin/Linux64/Mesa

/opt/apps/nfs/ansys_inc/v193-201904/v193/Framework/bin/Linux64/runwb2 -oglmesa

Thanks,

Win

• Goddy
      Subscriber

Hi Win,

Thanks for your response.

Do i put those command you're suggesting before I try running the project or do i do it after I get the error message?

I am trying to do the batch submission now the issue is I am not really familiar in operating in the batch mode dealing with all the commands.

Thanks,

Godlove

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi Goddy,

You just need to put all of them before running the Workbench. Actually, the last command is to run the Workbench using certain mode. So, once you execute the last command, it should launch a WB session for you, then you just load your project from there.

I'd recommend to post the question about batch submission in a respective Physics Simulation section.

Thanks,

Win

• Goddy
      Subscriber

Hello Win,

I ran the project with your suggestions. Workbench didn't close on me. I ran the project by clicking update project. It somewhat ran but i know get the error:

Unknown case in convert (BSTR, ANSVARIANTARG*) vt=13 ..

sh: ps: command not found

sh: grep: command not found

Fatal error: Update failed for the Setup component in Static Structural.  Unable to update setup. Unable to write APDL input file. (this error pops up at the end of the run on workbench)

Please any suggestion on how to deal with this error? I read somewhere that is has something to do with the OS system I contacted IT and they said everything looks fine on their end so I don't know exactly how to proceed. Any suggestion on how to deal with this will be appreciated. Below is a screenshot of the error message

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Your Path environment variable may be missing some 'common' paths.

Try this 

export PATH=$PATHusr/binbin

then run the other commands again

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.