Platform

Platform

Workbench “index out of range/bonds” error

• SPielmeier
      Subscriber

Hello everybody,

after saving my WB project and opening it the other day, i encountered an error message which which said:

"System.ArguementOutOfRangeException: Index out of range/bonds. It mustn´t be negative or smaller than the collection. Parameter name: index"

(this is my translation of the error message, so the original English one might be a bit different)

The cell state symbol of the affected container´s solution is a black cross, which i could not find in the list of the cell states in the WB user guide:

• John Doyle
      Ansys Employee
      I have not seen that specific error message before, but I have seen that black cross and had issues with a persistent error that prevents me from saving the project or copying a system. Try going to the WB project page and from the Utility Menu =>View=>Files... and look down this list carefully for any file(s) that might be missing or corrupted and try to restore or replace them to get you out of this loop.
    • SPielmeier
      Subscriber
      Thank you, I tried it today, replaced all the current files in the folder related to that corrupted container with renamed files which i know are working/not corrupted. Unfortunately it didn┬┤t fix the issue.
      When i try to save i get this error message:
      Do you recall if it was the same for you ?

• John Doyle
      Ansys Employee
      In my case, there was an issue with one of the material files in engineering data. Once I replaced that file, I was able to save the project and move forward. I don't recall if I got this same dialogue window. It was a while ago.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.