Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Workbench loading without modules

• lordofthethings
      Subscriber

Hello,

I am facing a strange thing. I have Ansys 2020 R1 installed in my PC. When I open Ansys Workbench, it loads without any of the structural/fluid modules on the left side (although I have the licenses for them) :

• Aniket
      Ansys Employee
      try resetting the appdata folder helps?nIf you are using Windows, close Workbench, open up file explorer and reset your appdata:nfor that go to the following path in file explorer.n%appdata%\ansysnand rename the folder of the version you are using, e.g. v191 to v191.oldn-AniketnHow to access Ansys help linksnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forumn
    • lordofthethings
      Subscriber
      Hi Aniket,nI tried what you suggested. Ansys still opened without the modules. Although this time at the start it asked me if I want to participate in helping improve Ansys - something that one usually encounters when we start Ansys for the first time after installing it. Apart from that, no change.nnn
    • Aniket
      Ansys Employee
      ok, go to Workbench>View>Toolbox customization and see if all the required systems are checked:nAlso, let me know which license you are using. Do you have enough licenses for other systems?n-AniketnHow to access Ansys help linksnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forumn
    • Shehzad
      Subscriber
      I am also facing problem can anyone help me in solving this problem. I have empty toolbox. Here you can see nn
    • jhan456
      Subscriber
      I am having this issue as well. I've tried everything mentioned above without success. I'm using Ansys 2020 and am connected to my school's license. n
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      If you use the Client ANSLIC_ADMIN Utility, go to View Status/Diagnostic Options -> Display the License Status. Can you share the output?.How are you connected to the school, via a VPN or are you on the network?.ThanksnMattn
    • jhan456
      Subscriber
      Hi Matt, nI'm connected to my school via their VPN. nI've attached the output from the display license status to this post. nArrayMany thanks Matt, hope this helps.
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      Array Can you please ensure you can telnet to port 2325 of the license server? If this fails, you will need to work with IT to enable this communication across the VPN. nPlease try this command:ntelnet ansys-lic.see.ed.ac.uk 2325nnTelnet is not installed by default on Windows; if you try to run it you will get the message 'Telnet' is not recognized as an operable program or batch file. To install Telnet:nClick Start.nSelect Control Panel.nChoose Programs and Features.nClick Turn Windows features on or off.nSelect the Telnet Client option.nClick OK.nnThanks,nMattn
    • jhan456
      Subscriber
      Hi Matt, nMany thanks for that. I have ran the provided telnet command and I can see that the port is open. nThat should mean that I shouldn't have any issues connecting to the server right? So still unsure what the issue may be.nCheers,
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      Array Can you open a Windows command prompt and enter set (without the quotes) and return the full output?n
    • jhan456
      Subscriber
      Hi Matt, nHere's the output from the set command:nMicrosoft Windows [Version 10.0.18362.1139]n(c) 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.nnC:\WINDOWS\system32>setnADSK_3DSMAX_x64_2018=C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2018ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\ProgramDatanANSYS202_DIR=C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v202\ANSYSnANSYSLIC_DIR=C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\Shared Files\LicensingnANSYSLI_ELASTIC=1nANSYSLI_LCP=0nANSYS_SYSDIR=winx64nANS_OLD_ATTACH=1nAPPDATA=C:\Users\s1234567\AppData\RoamingnAWP_LOCALE202=en-usnAWP_ROOT202=C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v202nCADOE_LIBDIR202=C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v202\CommonFiles\Language\en-usnCommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common FilesnCommonProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common FilesnCommonProgramW6432=C:\Program Files\Common FilesnCOMPUTERNAME=ENG-5982nComSpec=C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exenDriverData=C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\DriverDatanFLEXLM_TIMEOUT=150000000nGTK_BASEPATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\GtkSharp\2.12HOMEDRIVE=M:nHOMEPATH=HOMESHARE=\\eigg.sms.ed.ac.uk\home\s1234567nICEMCFD_ROOT202=C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v202\icemcfdnICEMCFD_SYSDIR=win64_amdnLOCALAPPDATA=C:\Users\s1234567\AppData\LocalnLOGONSERVER=\\BRORAnLSTC_LICENSE=ANSYSnNUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=4nOneDrive=C:\Users\s1234567\OneDrive - University of EdinburghnOneDriveCommercial=C:\Users\s1234567\OneDrive - University of EdinburghnOS=Windows_NTnPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2019a\runtime\win64;C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2019a\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\GtkSharp\2.12\bin;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Backburner\;C:\Program Files\PuTTY\;C:\Program Files\dotnet\;C:\Users\s1234567\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38-32\Scripts\;C:\Users\s1234567\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38-32\;C:\Users\s1234567\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Users\s1234567\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Users\s1234567\AppData\Local\Programs\Microsoft VS Code\bin;C:\Users\s1234567\.dotnet\toolsnPATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSCnPROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=AMD64nPROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=Intel64 Family 6 Model 78 Stepping 3, GenuineIntelnPROCESSOR_LEVEL=6nPROCESSOR_REVISION=4e03nProgramData=C:\ProgramDatanProgramFiles=C:\Program FilesnProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)nProgramW6432=C:\Program FilesnPROMPT=$P$GnPSModulePath=C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules;C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\ModulesnPUBLIC=C:\Users\PublicnP_SCHEMA=C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v202\AISOL\CADIntegration\Parasolid\PSchemanSCPLMD_LICENSE_FILE=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Honeywell\OLGAS\license.datnSystemDrive=C:nSystemRoot=C:\WINDOWSnTEMP=C:\Users\s1234567\AppData\Local\TempnTMP=C:\Users\s1234567\AppData\Local\TempnUATDATA=C:\Windows\CCM\UATData\D9F8C395-CAB8-491d-B8AC-179A1FE1BE77nUSERDNSDOMAIN=ED.AC.UKnUSERDOMAIN=EDnUSERDOMAIN_ROAMINGPROFILE=EDnUSERNAME=s1234567nUSERPROFILE=C:\Users\s1234567nwindir=C:\WINDOWSnnnThanks in advance n
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      Please remove the ANSYSLI_ELASTIC environment variable.nnThank you,nMattn
    • jhan456
      Subscriber
      Hi Matt, nRemoving the environment variable solved the problem. Massive thanks for your help. n
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.