September 10, 2019 at 3:22 amdwoodsonSubscriber
Ansys student 2019 R2 was successfully downloaded to my computer. When I open Workbench the window opens extremely small and the left menu tabs are only half loaded (see Picture). I have tried to uninstall and reinstall several times but keep getting the same results. The other programs in the software work fine. Has anyone encountered this problem and have a solution? I am running windows 10 on a Microsoft Surface Book.
September 10, 2019 at 8:50 amRobAnsys Employee
Are you running 4k graphics?
September 10, 2019 at 6:37 pmdwoodsonSubscriberNo I am not
September 10, 2019 at 11:34 pmtsiriaksAnsys Employee
From CMD Prompt, type
Wait until it's fully loaded, then click on, "Save all information".
Open up the file with any text editor tool (notepad, word, etc.) , then search for the term
please provide the info on this line.
October 1, 2019 at 1:45 amdwoodsonSubscriber
the box reads "Current Mode: 3000 x 2000 (32 bit) (60Hz)"
October 1, 2019 at 5:51 pmtsiriaksAnsys Employee
That's UHD monitor.
Try changing the display resolution to 1920 x 1200
October 2, 2019 at 1:13 amdwoodsonSubscriber
I tried changing to 1920x1200 and it did not fix the problem.
October 2, 2019 at 3:50 pmtsiriaksAnsys Employee
Try all of these potential workarounds
If still doesn't help, you will have to connect this to an external monitor that has a native resolution of 1920 x 1200 or below.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Limitations to Student License?
- Missing Analysis Systems from toolbox
- Not seeing any items in the ANSYS Workbench toolbox?
- ANSYS License Manager Error
- “An error occurred while starting the solver module.” – Maybe licence problem?
- FLUENT application Failed to start
- Please recommend the configuration of the computer workstation
- No license available at this time
- I am using MacBook Pro with M1chip, how can I install or any other ways to use Ansys ?
- Problem with ANSYS 18.2 SpaceClaim
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.