General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Workshop file not opening properly?

• dardhruv
      Subscriber

Hello All,

I have downloaded ACOUSTIC extension in ANSYS 2020 R2. and I am going through all workshop project. In that project, I am particularly interested in transient analysis but when I open it I always get a question mark beside of Acoustic Normal surfave acceleration, acoustic radiation boundary, FSI?

• Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee
      HellonnThe acoustic extension is only applicable for upto release 19.2 so it can not be used for later releases (e.g., 2020 R2).nnAll the bestnnErikn
    • dardhruv
      Subscriber
      Hello Sir,nnI tried in ansys 2019 R2 still it is showing question mark.nnIf it's not possible in 2020 then how can we perform transient acoustic analysis.nnAnsys has model acoustic, static acoustic and harmonic acoustic but it doesn't provide transient acoustic.nnCould you please help me to figure it out how can I perform transient acoustic?.I am using Ansys student version 2020 in my PC and Ansys 2019 R2 in institute which has licenced version.nnThank you so muchnnRegards,nDhruvi
    • Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee
      HinnIt is not 2019 R2 it is 19.2 release. See below for supported versions - thus 2019 R2 is not supportednnnAs you mentioned we do not have a transient acoustic system at the moment.nThank younnErikn
    • dardhruv
      Subscriber
      Hello Sir,nnSo I can't do transient acoustic simulation in 2019 R2? Right?.Thanks and Regards,nDhruvinn
    • Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee
      HinnSo Ansys (solvers) can do acoustics in general (modal, harm., transient), so that is valid for 2019 R2, and for newer and older releases - as we saw though acoustic transient it is just not exposed in Workbench (for any release).nnACT acoustic extension exposes this transient and other acoustic capabilities in WB, but as you saw it is not supported for releases beyond 19.2. So if one wants to use the act extension, one could use it with 19.2 release (or prior to that).nnAlternatively one could also use APDL (2019 R2 for instance or older and newer releases) to do transient acoustics.nnAll the bestnnErikn
    • dardhruv
      Subscriber
      Hello Sir,nnnThank you so much for your guidance.nSo I can make geometry and structure boundary condition in ansys workbench and the I can apply APDL command (command snippet) in Workbench. Is it ok???Or should I do whole using APDL command.nnThanks and Regards,nDhruvinn
    • Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee
      HinnYes, you could use command snippets in WB, or do everything in APDL.nnUnfortunately I cannot provide any help on the use of of APDL or using command snippets for a transient acoustic analysis. Perhaps someone else can.nnThank younnErikn
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.