August 11, 2018 at 7:03 pmPunnag ChatterjeeSubscriber
Hello all, I am finding it difficult to write a command snippet to export a displacement probe tabular data from ANSYS Workbench 19.1>Transient Mechanical module. The following code does not seem to work.
I am clearly making some mistakes in the command snippet code.
I have already created the file 'simple.txt' and placed it in the working directory:
'C:ANSYS Analysis filesFull_transient_and_MSUP_Peter_files'
Nothing gets written and the file is empty, I cannot figure out the reason.
August 30, 2018 at 1:26 pmjpasquerellAnsys Employee
Post processing command objects have no default data so you need to store the data via the set command. I would first recommend trying a right mouse pick on the Dy and try exporting it that way. If not then the command object would be based on this (and it would be at the node nearest the x y z location). I did not test it and I believe it will not like time as an array name so you may need to use a different array name:
xnod=1.2 ! change to be the desired global x location
ynod=3.4 ! change to be the desired global y location
znod=5.6 ! change to be the desired global z location
*get,numres,active, ,set,nset ! count of results sets
September 3, 2018 at 7:04 am
January 28, 2019 at 6:47 pmPunnag ChatterjeeSubscriber
Thanks for the reply. I am already aware this method. I wanted a code based solution so as to automate the process since I would be doing the operation over multiple iteration cycles. Thanks.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.