Fluids

Fluids

Writing an nucleation udf for Moss Brookes model

• me20s045
      Subscriber

Sir, 
      I want to inquire about the macros and the syntax of writing the udf for soot model in Ansys Fluent. I want to implement Moss-Books model but with custom soot nucleation and coagulation rate along with a bdifferent oxidation scheme. I didnt get the sample syntax for implimenting the same.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Are you wanting to work with the combustion models, or full multiphase? For the latter you're writing a phase change model based on "stuff". 

https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/Secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v221/en/flu_udf/flu_udf_sec_define_mass_transfer.html

https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/Secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v221/en/flu_udf/flu_udf_sec_define_soot_mass.html

• me20s045
      Subscriber

Sir,

I want to write a UDF for soot model in combustion. The present settings and expression for Moss Brooks model is fro methane combustion . I want to implement in some other case. I am asking regarding the sample syntax for UDF of soot nuclei rate and soot mass rate . So, that I can get a reference on how to write the code for the expression of interest.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

And none of the DEFINE_SOOT..... macros in the manual are of use? 

• me20s045
      Subscriber

Sir,

I am a student, I cannot access the links you have given.

I am following the UDF manual of Ansys 15 . Only that is available. There, only soot oxidation rate udf is given. I need others in order to apply them, in other cases.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

OK, click on Help in Fluent. Then paste the link into the browser that pops up. Given v15 is about 8-9 years out of date you really want to be moving up to 2022Rx. 

• me20s045
      Subscriber

Thank you sir. But I got to know my account number and I got into the portal and saw the sample files. It was all I needed. Thank you so much. 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.