Fluids

Fluids

Writing and reading journal file inconsistencies

• soloviev
      Subscriber

Hello,

I just started using the journal file function. I used the GUI at first, and it worked to set a single boundary condition. I am now trying to use a journal file to set 3 separate boundary conditions using profiles. Since the GUI method did not work (fluent seemed to get confused and set the wrong profiles at wrong boundary conditions) I am trying to use the TUI commands and loading the profiles in advance. As a test, I figured out my TUI command to set cartesian boundary conditions and used a journal file to have fluent then do this. When I do so the TUI shows many errors. I've attached the errors and the TUI commands in the journal file I am using, as well as a an example of the boundary conditions I'd like set (cartesian xyzzy) using the journal files. I'd appreciate any assistance!

• soloviev
      Subscriber
      Another option I thought of was having the journal files separate for each inlet, but I don't see a place in the automatic case modification to set multiple modifications at 1 time step. If I could do this, it would probably also solve the problem in a different way.nThanks! Alexn
    • soloviev
      Subscriber
      I tried today to do multiple modifications in one command line, and it did not seem to work. I just added the second command after the first with a space between.nnThanks,nAlexn
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      The double West in line 2 won't help. Run the command, then run through making a change to the boundary, it's not uncommon for the second run through to be slightly different as whatever you set the first time changes a yes to a no in the command. n
    • soloviev
      Subscriber
      Thank you. I tried again doing them in a row, and got the same yes no etc. answer outputs. I tried again and it did the same type of errors. I'm just not sure where the difference in when you type it manually vs when it read in the journal file is. It seems the command line answers are slightly different, but not sure how to determine where. I've attached a screenshot of the read in (top of console) and me again testing the TUI commands for comparison.Thanks,nAlexnn
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Hi AlexThe last part you did that directly in the console just before doing that please issue yo /file and start recording a journal. After finishing the change in the boundary close the journal again under file.nnTry avoiding the steps above from GUI.n
    • soloviev
      Subscriber
      Thank you. I did this and it still gives me all of the 'unknown try again' errors, but when I checked the GUI for the boundary conditions It seemed to set them successfully anyway. I will try this in combo with automatic case modification before closing this thread. n
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      The apostrophes in the names are bit weird ( first post). Please paste the journal file you created as suggested here. n
    • soloviev
      Subscriber
      /file/set-tui-version 19.4n/file/read-profile Eastern_wall_1.csv n/define/boundary-conditions/velocity-inlet east_inlet no yes yes no 0 yes yes no East x_velocity yes no East y_velocity yes no East z_velocity n/file/read-profile Western_wall_1_.csv n/define/boundary-conditions/velocity-inlet west_inlet no yes yes no 0 yes yes no West x_velocity yes no West y_velocity yes no West z_velocity n/file/read-profile Southern_inlet_less_bins_1.csv n/define/boundary-conditions/velocity-inlet inlet no yes yes no 0 yes yes no inlet x_velocity yes no inlet y_velocity yes no inlet z_velocity nnThis was the journal file I created using the TUI commands. It worked with automatic case modification.n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      I don't like that it's offering 5 of inlet and 5 of West in the options. In theory the TUI and Journal ought to pick the same, but not sure why that's happening. If you scroll up where you have the error it may help identify which command is causing the problem as the error looks to be trying to add the /file/read..... as a boundary label. n
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.