General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Writing custom results based on simple piecewise function

Tagged: ,

• PawelTrybus
      Subscriber

Ansys Workbench --> Mechanical --> Static Structure:

If I read results and store them in separate object like below I can easily access values by doing the following:

• PawelTrybus
      Subscriber
      Anyone? Please, at least tell me, if it's possible or not.n
    • 1shan
      Ansys Employee
      ,nYou could try an alternative method. Export the stress results in *.csv format (RMB Stress>export>text file). This file contains stress values along with node location (X,Y,Z coord) and node Id. You could implement a piecewise function into this file using matlab/excel and then import the new stress values as an external model. Check this tutorial
      and https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/8529/transferring-explicit-dynamic-results-to-mapdl.nRegards,nIshan.n
    • PawelTrybus
      Subscriber
      nThanks for this partial solution. I would rather see this as a results object not as an imported load. I had this solution in mind but it seems not that elegant. I am seeking something that exactly solve my problem. nBest regards,nPaweln
    • 1shan
      Ansys Employee
      ,nCould you check this App - ANSYS Store CSV PlotV201.8 created by EDR-Medeso. It allows you to export the result post process the result in .csv and add custom result object by importing the modified csv.nRegards,nIshan. n
    • PawelTrybus
      Subscriber
      nI appreciate your help. Although I am not interested in doing it itself. I am interested in doing it, for instance like they did in CSV Plot, but I'd like to do it by myself. I want to be independent from any other software. I want to know how script looks like. Do you know maybe how to decompile *.wbex.nBest regards,nPawel n
    • PawelTrybus
      Subscriber
      Ok I've just checked and *.wbex cannot be viewed or edited.n
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.