Electronics

Electronics

Writing DXF file for HFSS Electronics Desktop

• doublehelix
      Subscriber
      Can someone point out that what is the best method to write DXF file to draw a complex layout in HFSS?.
    • rtk
      Ansys Employee
      ,nCould you please elaborate your query a little more?nLike, whether you need to write a stack-up file (xml file) of a layered model, so as to import it in HFSS 3D layout.. or you need to create a .dxf from an existing model.nPlease clarify.nThanks!n
    • doublehelix
      Subscriber
      I have to write a DXF file of array of annular ring elements and then to load it in HFSS. Purpose of writing the DXF file of array elements is that they are very large in number and each square annular ring is different in dimension and it is impossible to draw them manually. I am successfully able to write DXF file for solid patch elements and then to load it in HFSS but I have trouble making annular ring elements. I am making use of Python EZDXF function to write dxf file. This function makes use of polyline /line functions to draw closed shapes like square etc. But I am stuck that how to subtract two squares to make an annular ring using EZDXF function. Or may be if there is some other way. n
    • AndyJP
      Subscriber
      DXF is a bad choice. Use other formats, find them in the import list. STL is a second bad choice btw.n
    • doublehelix
      Subscriber
      What other formats are good ?? There are lots in the list. At the end, they should be easily programmable using Python or MATLAB.n
    • rtk
      Ansys Employee
      ,nIf you are keen to create a dxf file using Python scripting, I would suggest creating them in python itself without subtracting (like the way you've done),... and import it to HFSS. After importing you can use another script or a manual process to subtract the two consecutive circles to form an annular ring. nOr if your ultimate goal is to create that array inside HFSS, then I would suggest- use the IronPython scripting with HFSS modules and create the array. You can find more details on the HFSS Scripting Help document. nHope this eases your simulation!nnBest Regards,n
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.