August 18, 2023 at 7:02 amGonzalo OlarteSubscriber
Hello, I am analysing the movement of a planar spiral spring and I have encountered a problem no one knows how to solve.
I have a total of 5 steps in my simulation in the Transient Structural modulus. In the end of step 3 I get to a position of a rotation of 210º, the next two steps do nothing. Once I have that solved, I restart my simulation from the end of step 3 with this changes:
- Add one more step so the total is 6 steps.
- Make step 4 go from 210º to 211º.
- Make step 5 go from 211º to 209º.
- Make step 6 go from 209º to 211º.
The maximum time step established is 1e-2 for all the steps.
The problem is when the simulation finishes and it has to write the Results File. It never ends, I have let it work for more than 10 hours and I doesn´t finish. I don´t know what to do.
Simulation without the restart point isnt contempled as it could last 16 hours.
August 18, 2023 at 2:03 pmGary StofanAnsys Employee
Examine the Solution Information solve.out file.
Does the MAPDL solve complete?
Paste the last 50 lines in your reply.
August 18, 2023 at 2:13 pmGonzalo OlarteSubscriber
Hello, thanks for answering so fast.
I have just managed to solve it.
I think the problem was that I lost connection with the licence for a period of time during the simulation of the project, so, when it connected back, the simulation was bugged and didnt use the SSD for writing the Results but there was no message about it. However, I have opened another project, done the restart where I wanted with the steps I needed, and everything has worked out and the SSD has been operating at it max potential for writting the results.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- User manual
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Defining rigid body and contact
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.