Fluids

Fluids

WSS vs Angle plot

• ashwin11
      Subscriber

Dear All

I tried creating a plot of Wall Shear Stress vs Angle but I could not make it work. I have tried the following on CFD-POST.

1) My global XYZ origin is out of the model and my model is parallel to Z axis. Firstly I created an iso-surface along the z axis location by providing the z value which created a plane.Further I have created a polyline(which is based on vertex sampling) using iso-surface as the intersection. I also created a Polyline created by an intersection of wall and Plane at the Z axis location needed. Later I plotted the WSS along the curve length of polyline. But I got WSS profiles with different starting points for both methods. (The profile is same but values are somehow rearranged)

2) I also exported the point cloud XY location data (w.r.t global co-ordinates) and I am not sure how to convert it to WSS vs Angle plot. I tried the following suggestion but still I am not sure.

https://studentcommunity.ansys.com/thread/post-processing-plotting-chart-on-temperature-vs-angle-theta-0to360-around-a-circular-wall/

I would really appreciate some help in this regard.

Regards

Ashwin

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.