October 29, 2017 at 3:09 pmsajjadsaniSubscriber
hi, what is the acceptable y plus range for non-equilibrium wall function for k-e turbulent model?
October 29, 2017 at 5:51 pmRaef.KobeissiSubscriberBetween 30 and 300 should work fine but you need to check the equations involved in the non- equilibrium wall function to get a better understanding of how the method works.
October 29, 2017 at 7:02 pmsajjadsaniSubscriber
i meant Non-equilibrium wall functions. in fluent theory guide, it has mentioned that y plus >15 is acceptable for standard wall functions. but i didn't find anythings about non-equilibrium wall functions.
October 29, 2017 at 7:44 pmRaef.KobeissiSubscriberIt was a spelling mistake, I apologise, I corrected my paragraph now. 30 to 300 which is within the log law inner region.
October 29, 2017 at 7:59 pmsajjadsaniSubscriber
thanks dear Raef. it is useful for me.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Heat transfer coefficient
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Floating point exception
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- How to model free convection warming of liquid in a plastic bag