September 13, 2022 at 1:07 pmA.sanchaiSubscriber
I created a model in Ansys Apdl (tip and substrate) with range of length between 1E-8 or 10 nm
I tried to scale it down for 1E-9 or 1 nm from the original model (changing tip radius)
but after I get through to /solve there are error messages saying
*** ERROR *** CP = 9.078 TIME= 14:03:54
Zero volume in element 14804.
for many elements
What is the limitation for the minimal feature size?
How do I fix this? Or
September 22, 2022 at 11:35 amAshish KhemkaAnsys Employee
Are any nodes made coincident? Did you issue node merge command? Please check the element 14804 and if possible share the details.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Limitations to Student License?
- Missing Analysis Systems from toolbox
- Not seeing any items in the ANSYS Workbench toolbox?
- ANSYS License Manager Error
- “An error occurred while starting the solver module.” – Maybe licence problem?
- FLUENT application Failed to start
- Please recommend the configuration of the computer workstation
- No license available at this time
- I am using MacBook Pro with M1chip, how can I install or any other ways to use Ansys ?
- Problem with ANSYS 18.2 SpaceClaim
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.