Fluids

Fluids

zone-surface: cannot create surface from sliding interface zone.

• Rizvi Arefin Rinik
      Subscriber

its a simple hollow twisted pipe having fluid domain inside. this is showing below error.....in my another design(flow inside tube) also same issue.... i used boolean substract in between solid pipe and fluid domain but still showing this.... what can i do to fix this????????? 

Note: zone-surface: cannot create surface from sliding interface zone.

Creating empty surface.

Creating empty surface.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

The warning is simply telling you the solver can't display the walls that are created as part of a non-conformal interface.  Is there a reason you shouldn't have non-conformal interface zones? 

• Rizvi Arefin Rinik
      Subscriber

• Rizvi Arefin Rinik
      Subscriber

here is the cross section and front view of my mesh.....

i am a beginner in ansys...so if you could help me!

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

With what? You have a mesh and two zones. Share Topology (SpaceClaim) would be a good idea to avoid the interface.

I suggest you update to a more recent version (you're a fair way out of date) and then you'll also find Tutorials in the Help system. 

• Rizvi Arefin Rinik
      Subscriber

which one should i choose in share topology....none/merge/group??

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Ah, the old options. Merge or Group ought to work, but if you update the software it's significantly better. Check options in the Workbench tab too: I nolonger have pre-2019Rx installed to check when the methods were updated. 

• Rizvi Arefin Rinik
      Subscriber

problem solved as i used shear topology......but i dont undestand the reason .....in some cases using boolean substract this types of issue can be resolved...but this time it didnt work...any way thank you.....but using shear topology is there will any effect on solver?? as from fluid heat transfer will take place into the shell.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Boolean is a CAD operation to create the bodies. However, in CAD we don't consider surface connectivity. Share Topology is the the modelling step to tell the geometry that the two (or more) coincident faces are connected and therefore flow/heat/stuff should be passed across the surface. Alternatively an non-conformal interface is created which sort of does the same thing but is computationally less efficient: we use them when they're needed but they're not needed here. 

• Rizvi Arefin Rinik
      Subscriber

so each time i need to use shear topology while i am creating fluid inside tube/pipe?

• Rizvi Arefin Rinik
      Subscriber

as you can see 2 parts here so when its on file name it shows share and also in pipe it shows shear... but in volume it shows none....do i need to set all of them in share?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

You need to read the documentation. Share Topo is done just before transfer to meshing, and you need to use the options in the Workbench tab now you're in 22R1. 

• Rizvi Arefin Rinik
      Subscriber

yes i got you....thanks for the help.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.