Lumerical support registration instructions

chris_kopetskichris_kopetski Ansys Employee Posts: 28
edited September 20 in Photonics

Lumerical support registration is a simple process that allows Lumerical users to access commercial technical support and some technical resources such as Application Gallery files.

NOTE: Technical support for commercial customers is provided via the Lumerical customer portal, not the Ansys customer portal. Support is valid for the duration of your license/subscription. Once the license expires, you will have to register for support with your current license.

Registration Instructions

1. Open Lumerical Launcher.
  2. Configure Lumerical to obtain the license from your license server.
  3. Ensure that you are able to open and run Lumerical.
  4. In the Licenses tab, click the "Register for support" button or use the same button in the "About Page" as shown below.
  5. You’ll then be able to register Lumerical support.

Comments

• LitoLito Posts: 162Ansys Employee
    edited May 19

Similarly, "Register for Support" from the 'About page' of the Lumerical product/solver.

• adophobradophobr Posts: 3Member

Hi, 

my customer number is XX39XXX and I'm trying to get access to the CML documentation and download some examples. But when I logged on to the Lumerical website, this message appeared:

Somebody could help me?

edited June 1

@adophobr,

Our records shows that you are not currently registered with Lumerical support. Kindly register with Lumerical support as shown above from the "About Page", while accessing your current/active license. Then download the examples from the Application Gallery (Apps).

Best,

Lito

• adophobradophobr Posts: 3Member

Hi Lito,

you're right. I'm not currently registered with Lumerical support, because every time that I tried to register with Lumerical support as shown, I got the same problem show in the figure on the my last post. The are four figures bellow that show my steps.

Using the Lumerical Launcher, I got the same problem: "We are sorry, but it appears that the support code "XX39XXX" is not valid or there was a problem retrieving your support information. Please double check that the code is correct and if the problem persists, please contact your account manager or email lumerical.registration@ansys.com for more information."

@adophobr,

I will be replying to you in a separate email.

Best,

Lito

This discussion has been closed.